_________

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Things I learned today at church

First, let me back up a couple of days. Last Wednesday, I went to the park with my new little friend Reagan and her mom, Summer. We met another ward member and her two daughters at the park. It was nice to visit and get to know some of the little people in the ward. Amber brought her 4 year old Reese and the two year old Eliza. Amber also has two kids in elementary school and is expecting another. They are really nice and I'm excited for new friends.

So, when we got the church today, Brian and I sat in the row behind Amber and her cute family. The kids got out the markers and started coloring. Their dad is working on his masters degree in art, and the kids obviously take after their dad in that respect. So, Reese got to work drawing and coloring a very bright butterfly. Her older brother, who is probably about 7, got to work on his stuff. It was his wonderful artwork that taught me invaluable lessons today at church.

Lesson 1: When planning to catch Santa Clause, the first and best option is to set up a lasso around the plate of cookies.

Lesson 2: When building your dream house, make sure the chimney should actually be a cannon and the edge of the roof should be lined with chainsaws.

Lesson 3 (and probably the most important): Never leave your chainsaw on.

I wish that I had the images that he included as he carefully planned for the near and distant future. I'll have to ask Amber if she'll let me borrow the pages to scan.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Ha! Cute!

Vanessa Swenson said...

bahahahahah
Santa won't have a chance.