_________

Monday, October 7, 2013

If you thought the last post was awesome . . . . .

I realize that I'm terrible about blogging.  Really, with Facebook (and the millions of other social media options), I feel this is a bit archaic.  But, this is the best way to tell all the people we love about the great things going on in our house!

So, if you just want the news, read the next paragraph.  If you want the story, read the full post.  If you don't care about either, than you won't have clicked on the link we'll be posting on Facebook that leads to this blog.

Ahem . . . .

Brian and I would like to officially introduce you to William Scott Bennit Simmons. He was born on Sept. 25 and came in at a whopping 8 pounds 8 ounces, 20 inches.  He is healthy, eats like a champ, sleeps in good long blocks, and is a mellow and peaceful baby.

We were contacted by our case worker at LDS Family Services 18 days before the birth mom went into labor.  In that short time, we developed an amazing relationship with her, she truly is an fantastic woman.  I was invited into the delivery room, and despite the fact that I'm not big on the whole "birth" thing, I was thrilled to be there to help, and to see my son enter the world.  He stayed in the hospital for a couple of days, and has been home with us while we waited the required waiting period. (Its 10 days in the state of Georgia, and a really LONG 10 days.)  And now that its passed, we can shout from the mountain tops what we've been wanting to scream for days.

We have a son!!!!!

I am so incredibly thankful for all the prayers, positive thoughts, words of support, and moments of kindness that so many people have shared.  I know that it isn't easy to know how to handle complicated matters like infertility, but I have been blessed with an amazing husband, a wonderful family, and the best group of friends a girl could ask for.  And with that, I'd like to leave you with one final statement.

I'd like to apologize in advance for the gratuitous posting of pictures and stories about the new little man in my life.  I won't be offended if you block me from your news feed and ignore my blog from now until eternity.

LOVES!!










11 comments:

Boswell0617 said...

Hooray for Baby William!! So excited and happy for y'all!

Jenni said...

I am so excited for you I may have cried a bit just now when I read your news. . . I love his little face and I know you will both be amazing parents!

HatchMe said...

YAY! How exciting! I am so thrilled for you and so glad that he got to come so such wonderful parents. Congratulations! He is adorable!

Lynn said...

I have no words...only tears of great joy! Love you all.

Katie said...

I'm in love! I'm in love! And I don't care who knows it!!!

Shar and Tyson said...

This is the best blog post I've ever read! Congratulations! Baby William is a doll!

rantipoler said...

Sweet, sweet baby! That picture of Brian kissing him while he smiles is THE BEST EVER.

Summer said...

Julie and Brian,
I am so HAPPY for you! Ms. Julie you were born with a mother heart and I know you will be the best mom ever! I am so excited your prayers were answered. I can't wait to meet him one day! Love you both.

Drew and Alicia said...

Im just so stoked.

Brianne said...

I love him!!!! He is all sorts of cute and I love the last picture of him with his dad! You guys are going to be great parents.

Brittany said...

Such wonderful news! I am so thrilled for you. William is such a lucky boy to have you and Brian as parents. Congrats! William is loved so much, so glad he is apart of our family! love you all! xoxo