_________

Monday, October 12, 2009

Effalumps and Woozles

So, Mom and I decided we wanted to go to the zoo and see the new baby elephant. So, we planned a Saturday as a mommy-daughter day in Emmigration Canyon. We went to the zoo and saw not just the new elephant, but there were baby tigers, and baby snow leapards. And a baby giraffe. And, just for the record, a baby giraffe falls six feet to the hard earth when it's born. I think that's a rough way to enter the world. Anyway, below are some pics from the adventure. I think my favorite part was seeing my mom watch the baby elephant. It was fun. When we were done, I kidnapped Mom and took her to one of our favorite places to eat. It's called Ruth's and it's a little further up the canyon. It has been highlighted on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" and it ROCKS MY SOCKS!!! We had a good lunch and got a reuben to go for Brian. All in all, a great day with my mom.





2 comments:

Ty and Tiff said...

Sounds like fun! I hope that you guys are doing well...we haven't seen you in a long time! Have fun in California for Brian's birthday this weekend! :)

Laurel said...

hold the phone!! are you touching a snake??!!